RE: Dealer oil filter Q

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 09:42:52 EDT

Hmmm, Never seen any screw type filter do that but who knows. I wish
Dodge would use one thing form Daimler in the oil filter line. Cartridge
style oil filters. I love these things, you don't have to get under the
vehicle to remove the filter, it makes far less of a mess, wile it costs
about the same as a good high end screw on type it's well worth it for
the ease of use. They just have to make sure they use the baffled type
(yes, there is a difference in these filters). One last good thing,
since you remove the cap on top to get the cartridge out you have really
good access to the remaining oil filter housing and the outlet hole
below. Since it's upside down to what you normally see you can use a
good oil sucking device to get just about every little drop of oil out
of the vehicle. Some prefer to keep using the topsider type of oil drain
to do the whole thing but I don't. I drain it down after I have drained
it from the pan.

Jeff Durling