Re: RE: Distributor cap Q

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 15:04:44 EDT

I hadn't thought about it that way Jeff, maybe there's some reaction that
occurs when the brass becomes severly electrically charged like that. Mine
just ionizes orangish-yellow and the terminals get REALLY burnt. I let one
go 15k miles once and it was totally destroyed, i was suprized that the
truck even ran.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Jeff Durling"" <jdurling@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:000d01c30b5a$c9947de0$0b3d8c87@jeff... > > I really am starting to think it's solely form the Brass itself. I have > no proof other than the ignition that you run and the fact that most > people who run the MSD< Accell and others seem to use a brass cap. Could > be a side effect with how it reacts when a current is arced across it. > > Jeff Durling > > > Thanks also to Josh and Tom for the replies. > > That is strange. I could see and understand something like with > an hipo aftermarket ignition but the coil on mine is stock with MP wires > and, during the winter, I was using 5224 plugs gapped at .040". > > Bob >