RE: RE: Distributor cap Q

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 14:45:05 EDT

I really am starting to think it's solely form the Brass itself. I have
no proof other than the ignition that you run and the fact that most
people who run the MSD< Accell and others seem to use a brass cap. Could
be a side effect with how it reacts when a current is arced across it.

Jeff Durling

Thanks also to Josh and Tom for the replies.

That is strange. I could see and understand something like with
an hipo aftermarket ignition but the coil on mine is stock with MP wires
and, during the winter, I was using 5224 plugs gapped at .040".

Bob