Re: Blue axle fluid?

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 18:11:15 EDT

Jason Bleazard wrote:

> Okay, I'm at Jon's today and needed to change my axle fluid. The front is
> a nice clear tan color like I expected, looks a lot like hydraulic fluid.
> But the rear looked really dark and murky, like dirty oil. Further
> inspection revealed that it's actually a dark blue or purple.
>
> The front was just filled up about a month ago (refer to missing plug
> incident), and I wanted to check the gears anyway, which is why I'm
> changing new fluid. So the rear has been there a lot longer, but I wasn't
> expecting it to look like that.

actually, a few co.'s make blue lubricants.

Citgo Oil has blue grease (as good as moly grease)
and lube oils.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.