RE: Re: Re: 206 cams?

From: Bob Mankin (bob@coralfarms.com)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 23:07:54 EDT

I would hope that is a typo. Not likely the mapping for the 4.7L stops at
4500 because the stock auto shifts higher than that. Probably other reasons
for the dive on the dyno sheets. That whole table mapping thing got started
based on some comments by Marty of KRC, but I'm fairly sure the cutoff point
is much higher than 4500 rpms.

The pre-cats things gets more play than it should as well. They are not that
restrictive. Bone stock R/Ts have been dyno'd many times and you don't see
any significant HP or torque loss between '00 models which have no pre-cats
and the '01+ models which do.

Bob