Re: Re: 206 cams?

From: Steve Spencer (kicker@sunet.net)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 21:14:01 EDT

Hey there,
The issue is that the PCM tables arent mapped for 4500rpms or greater which
explains the
dive on the dyno graphs. The only thing is to wait for a '01+ 4.7 flash to
solve the issue.
Another possibility might be the exhaust system. The manifolds dont exactly
breath effeciently
along with the precats. Only probelms ive had are with the erratic stalling
when coasting to a stop in neutral.
I dont have the valve springs installed but that is on the things to do
list. Dont have the HO intake either.
I kinda want to wait for a better designed intake but who knows how long
thatll be.
For a list of my mods you can visit my webpage at
http://www.geocities.com/surfdog1/baddak
So are the cams worth it?
I would say yes but ONLY if you have the basic mods : CAI, TB, FULLEXHAUST,
PCM
PCM being most important.

Cya,

Steve