Re: Amplifier dilema

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 10:30:17 EDT

Droo,
I don't know if they changed any dash internals, but I've got 2 200x2 PPI
amps mounted on my firewall in front of the glove compartemnt box in my
truck, and a small 300x1 sub amp mounted under my driver seat. To mount the
amps to the firewall like that took some creativity and I had to route stuff
all over the place. Depending on how creative you get, you might be able to
get that monster Alpine amp in there, I think the combined area of the 2 PPI
amps is a little bigger than that. I did it the day I got the truck and
tuned it right up then...it's next to impossible to get at them without
taking the dash off again. Depending on how you use your truck, you could
even mount it on an angle behind the driver's seat, or take out the center
console like Gary suggested and mount it under there. I'd have loved to get
a single 5 channel amp, but had to split it up because of the space
issues...

Good Luck and keep us posted!

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

"Droo" <03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net> wrote in message news:3EAC52C9.20700@comcast.net... > > > I am currently having a dilema on finding a place for an amplifier. I > was hoping to get it under one of the front seats, but the amps I am > looking at look like they will be too big. I want to get a 5-channel > amp. I'm not looking to spend a ton of money on the stereo system. I > wanted to get the Alpine F320. It's basically 10" x 13". The 10" > dimension would prolly just squeeze in between the rails, but those are > the sides for the wires and I'm afraid I won't have the room to do that. > I'm not looking to build anything custom to make this work. Just hunting > for ideas or the way some of you have dealt with it. I'm looking for a > stock appearance. I'm looking to install the Q-Custom enclosure > underneath the jump seats in the back. Maybe someone knows of some > smaller sized amplifiers. > > -- > -Droo > Email: 03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net > > "Remember: No one has the right to touch you in your bathing suit area." -Jack > >