Re: OT: Neon Questions

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 12:44:41 EDT

what are the practical differences between the R/T and the regular neon? I am asking, subjectively, not jst the parts list...

>>> coolva1@cox.net 04/28/03 07:52AM >>>

I love my lil Neon... if I drive mainly highway, I get over 30MPG.... only
problem I've had is the headgasket (common problem, and most times Chrysler
will help pay for the replacement of the stock gasket for a MLS (multi layer
steel) gasket...
I drive the ever living hell outta mine (always seeing redline, racing my
friends in their lil rice rockets, ect) and let me tell you, its impressed
the hell outta them, and not a damn thing else has broken...
Something I have noticed w/ this motor, is how clean the oil stays when I
change it.... donno why, but its not totaly black like every other car I've
had when I change it....

Tim Berry - Chesapeake, VA
97 Dakota CC 360 Auto 4300lbs
best ET to date: 13.03@103.76
355.8RWHP 395.2RWTQ
99 Neon R/T Daily Driver

> Questions, questions, questions...
>
> Why are the used Neons so cheap? What controls a vehicle's resale value?
Does anyone on the list one now? Would you buy another? What problems has
anyone had? Are there any particular model years to stay away from?

> The wife wants to start driving and needs a car. Since I am partial to
Dodge and the used Neon's are pretty cheap, I thought a Neon would be good
for her.