Re: Subwoofer Opening

From: Eric Jerman (ejerman69@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 09:12:22 EDT

Gary,
  It needs to be smaller than 10 inches...depending on the sub you are
using. For example, my Alpine Type E 10" sub actually measures 10.5". The
opening I needed to properly seat and seal the sub is 9". Just measure from
side to side across the middle of the speaker (mounting hole to mounting
hole) and then flip the sub over and measure from the edge of the speaker to
the part of the basket that angles down to the magnet...I hope that's
clear...Anyway, whatever you get from that lip, subtract from your top
diameter measurement and that should give you a perfect ring around the
basket which will help when you seat and seal the sub...HTH. I just started
my box last night btw...fun fun! Good luck on yours!

Eric Jerman