Re: Re: RE: So...how much can I stick in the bed?

From: Ron Sobers (ron@rsx1.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 11:58:53 EDT

Okay.. the most I have had in mine so far..... 12 bags of cement, 125 4"
cedar fence boards, 9 2X4X8's, 3 2X4X10's (fence has a section that's 9 1/2
feet between posts?), 4 4X4X8's, and a wheelbarrow. So I had 1,080 pounds of
concrete.. and whatever the rest of it weighs back there! It was interesting
like that I had a 73 full size long bed which was no problem, but the dak
was loaded up to the roof (the wheelbarrow), and was sitting very low in the
right rear (all the concrete was on the right side). I guess I should have
scaled the truck - I am Assuming it was around 2,000 pounds of cargo,
possibly a tad more. I would not recommend anyone loading their truck like
that, unless it was needed!

~Ron .... Denver, CO
ICQ#26868681
WWW.RSX1.com

'67 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible (For Sale)
'68 Dodge Dart GT
'87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z (Parting)
'89 Shelby CSX-VNT #007
'98 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4