Fusible Links

From: JAMEPC@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 13:48:54 EDT

I'm replacing my 90 amp alt. with a 160 amp alt. and replacing all the main
wiring with 2 ga. There is a 10 guage fusible link right before the PDC.
How many amps is it rated for? If I replace it with a bigger fusible link,
the amps. it will melt at will also increase which may not be good. There
are some large guage system protectors (replaces a fusible link) rated at 175
amps available locally. Is that too big or tooo small?
Thanks,
James