Re: Fusible Links

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 00:29:00 EDT

JAMEPC@aol.com wrote:

> I'm replacing my 90 amp alt. with a 160 amp alt. and replacing all the main
> wiring with 2 ga. There is a 10 guage fusible link right before the PDC.
> How many amps is it rated for? If I replace it with a bigger fusible link,
> the amps. it will melt at will also increase which may not be good. There
> are some large guage system protectors (replaces a fusible link) rated at 175
> amps available locally. Is that too big or tooo small?
> Thanks,
> James

dont change the existing links or your gonna fry some
expensive items.
factory wiring is designed to use the max. battery amps,
avg. is 650-850 cold cranking amps.

alt. amps go to the "battery" only as needed
and unless your gonna use the 160A as a welder
it really is overkill.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.