Re: Robert Shaw thermostat?

From: Darren Asuncion (fsdaa1@uaf.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 21:09:40 EDT

Jon, thanks for the reply... I just checked out the Autozone website and it
seems they only list autozone, motorad, stant, and hypertech brand
thermostats. I can't seem to find any Robert Shaw thermostats on their
website. I can't believe how hard of a time I'm having with this - I just
want a 180* Robert Shaw thermostat to fit my stock 318... Oh yeah does
anyone have a part number for a 180* thermostat that would fit my '99 5.2?

Also has anyone figured out a good way to ensure that the thermostat housing
does not leak again? I bought some Permatex waterpump and thermostat RTV
silicone, but doesn't the thermostat also have a gasket as well? Several of
the parts guys I've talked to claim there's no gasket - that I would just
have to use the RTV instead.

Thanks again for the help...if anyone else has any suggestions or
recommendations please let me know! :)

Darren Asuncion
'99 Intense Blue 4x4 Sport+, 5.2 V8, 44RE auto, 3.55 LSD 8.25", 4WABS
http://www.as.uaf.edu/~fsdaa1

jon@jonsteiger.com ------.

http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'