Re: Torsion bar adjustment?

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 10:00:32 EDT

 It looks like you could get ~2" or so, but I haven't actually done it...When I inquired at my tire shop about having them cranked up the last time I got rotated, you would have thought I asked them to mount babies inside my tires. The way the tire shop made it sound, it was like I was going to instantly shred my tires if I did that. Looking at them, my pass side is almost at the end of it's adjustment, and the drivers side is about ½ way, so I doubt I could get any meaningful lift anyway, without doing something major.

>>> jay&dana@telus.net 04/29/03 05:37PM >>>

For those of you that have done this on a 4x4 (Gen III) how much can I
expect raising the front end up as far as it will go in inches? I took the
winter weights out of the back of my truck, put the 31-10.5 15s on and
took my canopy off for the summer and the back end is way higher than the
front end ( I know its suppose to be but). I'm just wondering how much over
the stock height that the front end will come up if I crank the bars up.

Thanks for any advice
Jay