Re: Re: Re: My Autozone experience!?$%

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 10:09:21 EDT

I just took 30 seconds and taught myself how their computer works when they were too busy to notice, now I just walk in, flip a keyboard, look up the part I need, f8 to print, and then I hand the amazed moron behind the counter the honest-to-god autozone part # and tell him/her to "fetch"........ ;-)

>>> jon@dakota-truck.net 04/29/03 06:33PM >>>

"scsilverdak" <scsilverdak@hotmail.com> wrote:

: You'd be surprised just how hard it is to find competent
: help......regaurdless of what your offering pay wise........

: AND it doesn't matter how old the perspective hire is.....

: I go thru this stuff everyday,.....I'd give anything to find a
: an employee that can handle the job with common sense!

   Yep, when I'm at Autozone and I actually need to talk to an employee
to get something behind the counter, I do a tactical assessment of the
situation - to see who is working the counter, and I try to time it so
that I will get one of the "good" ones. :-) I've been there enough
to have sorted them out. ;-)

   There is one guy there (who I went through high school with - he used
to work for his father's auto repair garage before he got sick of it and
came to Autozone) who is really good, and a couple more who are usually
adequate, and a couple more who I avoid like the plague! (I feel like I
lose a couple of IQ points just from talking to them) ;-) The manager
(or one of the assistant managers, maybe) was always excellent - he would
bend over backwards to try to work out a solution to my problems, which
were usually pretty off-the-wall, would talk about how he did last weekend
at the track, etc. but unfortunately he doesn't work the counter anymore.

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'