Re: I ordered it!

From: Tubamirbls@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 22:50:00 EDT

Hi Patrick
     Congratulations on your order for what should be a very nice package.
     You ask what kind of gas mileage to expect with the 4.7 engine, 5sp
auto, 3.92 axle and optional tire size. That will have to remain to be seen
for what kind of driving habits you have, the terrain you normally drive, the
speed and typical traffic patterns you encounter, and what cargo loads and/or
trailer pulling you might do. I seem to recall that the 4.7 w/5sp auto and
3.55 axle in 2wd is EPA rated at the same highway mileage as the 3.9 V6 with
3.55 and 4sp auto which is about 19mpg. My 3.9/3.55/4sp auto gets a
consistent 21 in all freeway driving and averages in all my driving
situations around 19 per tankfull. I would think that for your setup 19
might be the ultimate high end and maybe a good situation could average 17
for all driving conditions. If you are a hard throttle puncher and load the
bed down with heavy cargo you can do as poorly as 11-13 so it's mostly up to
you.

Paul Sahlin