I ordered it!

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 09:21:25 EDT

Just some follow up remarks about my original post on the truck I ordered.
  Greg wanted to know the dealer-
Cook Motorcars, Aberdeen, Maryland (also known as Crook Motorcars!)
  I strictly worked with the Internet Department only-Linda Verbeten,
her number is 410-272-1500.
It actually was a pleasant experience, nothing bad at all to speak of.
  I took her first price quote to another dealer and told him I was
gonna order the truck from Cook's unless he wanted to beat her deal.
 The sales manager came over and said he wasnt going to touch it. He
sells on reputation and customer loyalty, and I told him oh well cause I
buy on price! So he went back to his hut and I asked the salesman in
amazement how he makes any money when I gave him shot to sell a truck
for only a little bit of money on the last day of the month, and he just
said I dunno...
  With that situation, I felt comfortable about buying from Cook's.
 I've had terrible dealings with the service department, but that's
different...
  About Droo and the console, dont work up a sweat and use my dealer's
name until I get MY console! What I would do if I was you would be to
explain again to your salesperson that you simply want to swap the
console in yours from one of the SXT's on the lot, and then you will be
amazingly happy. Remind them gently that the survey will be coming to
you for you to rate them, and you dont want to put any bad marks down
for them...maybe that'll nudge 'em along. If you swap, it doesnt cost
them a dime anyway, and the person that buys the SXT can see what he's
getting there on the lot anyway.
  On the MPG issue, I dont haul, tow, drive like a maniac. I was
wondering what a no load highway trip could net me if I was doing maybe
70 with the a/c on. Could I top 20 mpg? I opted for the 4.7 for a
couple of reasons. It was only about $600 more than the 3.9L with the
auto trans. I figured that a V6 pulling that big of a truck would be
straining and I'd have my foot in it more, but the torque of the 4.7
would allow me to not have to give it as much gas, so there would be a
trade off and I'd have the benefit of having the 4.7L
  Lastly, I forgot to mention another mod-adding the Firestone airbags
and compressor kit for the few times when I may haul mulch and stuff.
  Thanks for all the good comments, and I'll keep everyone updated as I
find out expected delivery.
Patrick