Re: Poor Start and Erratic Behaviour

From: Olznut@aol.com
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 23:35:39 EDT

In a message dated 5/1/2003 8:30:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kylevan@telus.net writes:

> but what the hell was going on
> with the inability to rev past 2 grand? I somehow doubt that it was still
> the PCM, since it had idled for at least a minute by then. Of course, I
> "could" be wrong... (And by could, I mean probably am... ;-)

Well, before my battery totally dies, the truck was doing all kinds of weird
things, I'd replace it first, I'll bet lunch that it's the prob. In my towing
manual (I drive a tow truck) when you jump start a dead DC vehicle, you're
supposed to hold it about 2000 rpms for at least 30 secs for the PCM to
re-learn things.

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca '01 Dakota Quad Cab SLT+ 4.7L 4x4 "Silver
Streak" '66 Olds F-85 330 V-8, Intense Blue "Project Olds" Will Be Finished
Sometime This Millenium!!