Re: Viper Fan question

From: TJG (dakota52318@toad.net)
Date: Sun May 04 2003 - 11:55:49 EDT

with the fan out of the truck, it was fine on high with a 30a fuse. now
after I put it in (more current draw do to increase in vacume), it was
blowing that fuse. the realys I am using are 30a permacool, so what I did
was installed another one in parrallel with the high speed wire to feed the
extra current, both of which have 30a fuses. the low speed is doing just
fine with a single 30a. Im sure my setup is nothing like anyone elses
(sounds that way), Im using the permacool adj temp relay, with ac on/off
sensing wire. I have it wired with 3 switches. one 3 pos switch that will
turn the fan completely off, on high when "called for" and on low when
called for. Another switch that will force the fan to come on, in whichever
speed selected (good for stagin lanes) and the last will or will not allow
the permacool relay to turn the fan on when the compresor comes on (good for
the highway). I really wanted to amp the fan out, but GOD DC amp meters are
exspesive, and in my work I have no need for one, only AC. I could probably
draw it out on the computer with MS Paintbrush or something, it would just
take a while, I wish I had a scanner, damnit.
    Anyway, Im really sorry about what happened to your family... theres not
much in times like this that many can do to make things better, except hold
on to each other and suport one another the best you can.

TJ
dakota52318@toad.net
1992 Dodge Dakota 4X4
Long Bed, 318, 46RH Auto