RE: Re: Viper Fan question

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun May 04 2003 - 10:23:45 EDT

Something to think about....

The Viper uses two relays for the fan: One general fan relay and the
other for the Low/High operation. Power wires (from the fusible link)
to the relay and then to the fan, are 12ga - ground is also a 12ga wire.
There are two circuits that control the low/high speed:

Circuit C2 - Radiator Fan Relay (ON) ** You can use the adjustable
permacool/flexalite switch here **
Circuit C21 - Radiator Fan Low/High Speed ** simple toggle switch on a
relay **

The power runs through both relays under Low or High-Speed operation.

BTW: The Fuse used on the Viper is a 20A fuse

- Bernd