Re: OT: Sad up-date in my life. Long....

From: Jon (jonsdak@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun May 04 2003 - 13:25:44 EDT

Don,
I don't know what to say...

--
-Jon
jonsdak@midmaine.com
http://jonsdakota.tripod.com
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4, 3.9L V6, 42RE, 3.92:1 8.25 axle, "BackRack"
Headache Rack,  Dodge Motorsports decals, steering wheel cover, and front
license plate, diamond-plate bedrail covers, Lund VentVisors, Lund
BugShield, Jensen MP-3310 CD/MP3 Receiver, Pioneer TS-G1347's in front,
TS-A5713's in rear, Bulldog RS-82 Remote Starter
""Mallett, Donald B"" <Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com> wrote in message

> Back on April 19th I got up at 9:45pm for work, showered and while getting
> dress I hit the play back on the answering machine. There was a message
from
> my Mom who was on day 8 of a 11 day cruise. She was upset and said to call
> my brother in Fl. ASAP. My brother was barley understandable on the phone.
> just about went into shock as he told me Reuben (his 2 year son) drowned
in
> the family pool. News story here
> http://www.bradenton.com/mid/bradentonherald/news/local/5674347.htm  Cindy
> (my wife), Jennifer (daughter) and her boy friend Zeddie and I left for
Fla.
> the next morning.  Timing worked out that we were able to pick up Mom at
the
> Tampa airport as we were just about there.
>
> Mitch and his wife aren't handling this well at all. Reuben was laid to
rest
> on Tuesday the 22nd. This is a great lost to our family. Some may remember
> this is the 2nd death for us in less the 7 months. My Dad died
unexpectedly
> last August. Cindy has decided to stay with my Mom to help her out and my
> Brother and his wife Myrna. End of May when Jason (my son) gets out of
> school for the summer. Jennifer, Zeddie, Jason and I will head back to
> Bradenton. Times like this I'm glad I got the QC. Dropping off Jason to
> visit for a week or so, Jennifer and Zeddi are moving in with Mom. Then
> Cindy and I head home 2 days later.
>
> My Dad took care of Reuben while his Mom and Dad worked. They had
something
> special between them. Reuben would walk into my Moms house and start
asking
> and looking for "Papa". All we can say is that Reuben and Papa (my dad)
are