RE: 8 1/4 Rebuild - 27 or 29 Spline?

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 06:29:40 EDT

Bill, that Currie setup is a sweet piece and if that's what you want, just
because, then by all means go for it. If, on the other hand, you chose it
because you feel it's necessary for your 408, might I submit that an 8 3/4
would be sufficient and considerably less expensive. I have about $1200 in
mine and that's with all new parts. My brother has used the 8 3/4 in his
10 second 440 Cuda for the past 12 years with no breakage. I also race with
a guy in a 440 powered Dakota running low 11 second quarters and he too uses
the 8 3/4.

Just throwing this out there for your consideration.

RayB