Re: 8 1/4 Rebuild - 27 or 29 Spline?

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 07:35:14 EDT

In a message dated 5/5/2003 6:32:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bpracing@worldnet.att.net writes:

> Bill, that Currie setup is a sweet piece and if that's what you want, just
> because, then by all means go for it. If, on the other hand, you chose
> it
> because you feel it's necessary for your 408, might I submit that an 8 3/4
> would be sufficient and considerably less expensive. I have about $1200
> in
> mine and that's with all new parts. My brother has used the 8 3/4 in his
> 10 second 440 Cuda for the past 12 years with no breakage. I also race
> with
> a guy in a 440 powered Dakota running low 11 second quarters and he too
> uses
> the 8 3/4.
>
> Just throwing this out there for your consideration.

I'd absolutely consider one but haven't found anything suitable yet. If I
did, that would be an option. I'd rather stay Mopar if I can.

Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com

'02 Dakota QC 4x4, SLT +, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92 LSD
'95 Dakota CC 4x2, SLT, 318, 5 spd, 3.55 LSD