RE: Superchips programmer for 3.9/5.2/5.9

From: Bob Mankin (bob@coralfarms.com)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 11:17:10 EDT

The base programs are different. The tuner has to have the same base program
in resident memory as you have in your truck in order to work. So IOW, if
you've had some flash updates along the way, whatever software revision you
currently have in your PCM needs to be in the MicroTuner in order to
initiate the flash. That's no small feat since there are hundreds of
revisions across the DC line for OBD-II. Only recently did they start
working with the Dakota stuff, whereas the Ram programs they have had since
late last year. Hardware should be no different, which could be why the part
no is list as the same.

The Superchips deal has a couple of things going on with it that should give
it a leg up on the HyperTech option. I'd keep my eye on that asterik near
the 4.7 to see if it goes away later, but the 5.7, fuggetaboutit.

Bob