Re: Injector output driver does not respond properly to the control signal.

From: Michael Clark (dml@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 09:55:06 EDT

Have you had your injectors unplugged before? I was getting plagued with a
code 27 on my '93 (same code you are getting only the OBDI doesn't pick out
individual injectors). What I finally found was that I had some loose
connections on my injectors. I finally unplugged each injector and
slightly bent the contacts on the injector body each in an opposite
direction, so that when I plugged them back in I would have a nice tight
connection. Cured my problem and I've had no more code 27's. At one point
it was so bad that the truck would start missing reall bad. It would come
and go just like someone threw a switch. What I think happens is that if
you unplug the injectors a few times the contacts inside the plug loosen up
somehow and leave you with a poor connection.
HTH

--Mike
www.mikesdakota.com