Jumping Ship

From: Mike Gibbons (mjgibbons@prodigy.net)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 22:07:34 EDT

Well, I've gone and done it. I've left the Dodge community and now drive a
Chebby. After almost 4 years of mostly lurking on the DML, I'll soon be
signing off. While it was adequate, my '99 Dakota 4x4 318/auto/SLT+/w 3.55's
just wasn't quite enough truck to pull my 23' Firehawk comfortably, even
with all the usual mods. And with plans to upgrade the boat this year, I
needed a tow vehicle that was up to the task. I tried to keep in the Dodge
family, but with 2 Dodge dealerships REALLY underbidding the Dakota on
trade-in ($9300 & $10000), Dodge just didn't seem to want to keep my
business. Got much better trade from Chevy and 0% for 5 years to boot. Dodge
wants 2.9% for 5 years. That amounts to a fair chunk of change. I did test
drive a 1500 Hemi, the S.O. Cummins 2500 and one of the first H.O. Cummins
2500 w/auto in the Wichita area. Really liked the H.O. Cummins but see my
previous remark about trade-in and financing. Finally settled on a Chebby
2500HD LS 2wd w/6.0L gas/auto/4.10 locker/buckets/Bose. I actually drove all
the diesels and found Dodge had the quietest and best handling, Ford had the
smoothest and most powerful but the worst handling, Chevy was OK but a
little coarse and wasn't all that thrilled with the Allison tranny. In the
end, decided to go with gas. So that leaves me with a Jet Stage II (P/N
99914-S) and a Mopar Performance PCM (P/N P5007098) for 1999 Dakota4x4 318
/auto w/Federal emissions. I think the Jet will also work on 2wd's and maybe
some other years but check applicability yourself. If anyone's interested,
I'd take $60 for the Jet and $140 for the Mopar Performance, shipping extra.
E-mail me privately at mjgibbons@prodigy.net if your interested. Also have a
set of stock shocks with less than 30000 miles, stock cat-back exhaust,
stock airbox/hat assy and stock throttle body w/o sensors that's about to go
in the trash. Come get it if you want it, I'm in the Wichita KS area.

Best regards to all on the list

Mike G.