Re: Jumping Ship

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 22:58:32 EDT

You didn't order your Dakota as a pulling truck, that sounds like it was
ordered as a nice highway cruiser, and decent off-road toy. You should
have gotten it with a 5spd, 2wd, and a 3.90LSD or 4.10's for the size of the
load.. It just had too many factors working against it for pulling well.
Your new trucks gearing should make a nice difference, and the 6.0L Vortec
should have a little more power that your 318 did. Stick around long enough
to let us know how it does by comparison.
Aaron Wyse
94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
86 Shelby Charger Turbo