Re: Gen-3 Dakota Door and Tailgate handles

From: Steve Feiler (stcr@lvcm.com)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 00:36:53 EDT

I've got a hypothetical idea for you... (you know how those work!)

Buy a new set of handles for your truck from the local 1-star dealer.
Buy a can of plastic primer spray paint.
Buy a can of Mopar color-match spray paint (any Daimler-Chrysler parts
counter - use paint code).
Buy a can of clear coat spray paint.
Lightly sand the new handles to promote paint adhesion.
Primer/Paint/Clear the new handles.
Install the new handles on the truck.
Put the old handles in the parts boxes and return to dealer. (Dr. Evil pinky
glare)
Use the extra paint to color-match your roof rails, fuse box cover, etc. and
spend all the money you saved doing this all yourself on beer and other man
parts.

Obviously your factory handles would have to be in mint condition to deal
with this exchange. And of course I didn't suggest you do this...

- Steve
http://www.dakota-durango.com
(Yeah, I'm going to hell. Wanna take a ride?)