Re: Re: Has anyone else thought about going back to school?

From: Mike (mclancey@ns.sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 19:33:51 EDT

 From: <Pukeloser@aol.com>

> I'm going back to school after 10 years in the workforce. Getting my Pharm
> degree. I figure with all the baby boomers getting older and taking
lipitor
> and prevacid it should be a job thats in demand for a while.

<lurk mode off>
Have you ever worked in a pharmacy? I have been a pharmacy technician for
almost two years now and I want out ..... I thought I'd return to school
(BSc.Pharm) but I've since decided that it's not for me. You get to watch
people die slowly. You get to see old people get sicker when they can't
afford their medications ... you have to deal with drug addicts ... and the
mentally ill ... and everybody thinks the wait is too long no matter how
long it is. There are up sides as well (seing people get better) and there
is a half decent starting wage .... again though, the wages max out pretty
quick and at least around here ... get used to shift work ... and weekends
... and prescriptions written by Dr.s that are completely UN-legible and
frequenlty wrong/dangerous for the patient.

Nova Scotia Mike
<lurk mode on>