Gen II Mirror Tip

From: JAMEPC@aol.com
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 23:14:40 EDT

If anybody ever wanted to switch out their electric 5X9 mirrors with the
smaller sport mirrors but never has because the sport mirrors arn't available
in electric (Gen II), here's a solution I came up (when I hit a Caravan's
mirror with my door! no damage)
Get a set of electric mirrors from an early Caravan/Voyager (I used '88 but
their are a few years to pick from), and a set of manual sport mirrors from a
Gen II Dakota and swap out the internal parts. The case is the only thing
different on them. The passenger side plugs right in but the driver side
will need the plug from the dumbo mirrors (or use your own male/female
terminals if you plan on selling the dumbo mirrors and getting most your
money back). I got the electric mirrors for only 15.00 bux each
(junkyarddog.com) and the manual mirrors from an unfortunate soul on the list
who lost their 3.9 a while back (thanks for the green mirrors!).

Hope someone else benefits from this.
James

P.S. If anybody needs a set of electric dumbo's, let me know. They both need
paint and the driver side has the plug cut off and the plastic triangle is
chipped. The glass is scratched from a good steel wool cleaning (not me) but
at least the motors work! FREE