Re: Spark Plug Failures? 3.9L V6

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 08:15:01 EDT

At 02:36 PM 5/13/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Has anyone else run into circumstances as I've
>described or have any ideas what could be causing a
>failure of this type?

I began to get the odd misfire code for #2 after putting
in a high lift cam so it may not be applicable. The code
and sometimes the MIL would trigger shortly after a cold start
and in situations where I had to be a little heavy on the pedal.
I reset the distributor synch from the -2 to 0 range to the +2 to
+5 range and this seems to have solved my problem.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, 44RE auto., 4.56SG