Re: RE: Re: 97+ Options (or lack of)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat May 17 2003 - 19:10:11 EDT

Jayson Woodruff <woodrufj@yahoo.com> wrote:

: That's okay. In the street prepared class you can swap between trim
: levels (in stock class you can't). I'll probably figure a modular
: system for the stereo. I don't want to ditch it totally, but I'll pull
: it out of the races. The A/C should come out, but I'm kinda a wuss. I
: havent't decided either way on that yet.

  Maybe you could look into having hydraulic quick connect fittings
installed in your A/C lines?

   Lightweight wheels would probably help too, along with a fiberglass
hood, and if you want to start to get crazy, fiberglass fenders. :-)
Moving the battery to the bed would get rid of a good amount of weight
up front, that would also let you get rid of the battery tray too.

  I think you can get bumper covers for the GenIII, maybe you could
use a bumper cover on top of a lightweight aluminum frame to make it
look like there was still a bumper there. (Obviously not a great idea
or even legal for a street driven truck though.) Empty the windshield
washer fluid resevoir, remove the wipers, etc. There's probably all
sorts of little things like that which might add up. Just depends on
wether the weight reduction is actually worth the hassle I guess. :-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'