Re: 97+ Options (or lack of)

From: Dave Downing (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 08:36:28 EDT

If you can do a rollpan on the rear, that'll save some weight. Also, the
front bumper on the 2001+ Daks is all plastic/urethane/whatever you want to
call it, whereas the top portion on the older GenIII's is metal (the black
part on Sports, chrome on SLTs, painted on R/Ts). Some of the R/T guys have
weighed the old bumpers and the new ones and seem to average around a 23lb
difference, so you could save some more weight there by switching to an 01+
front bumper, plus it's weight loss up front which is even more beneficial.
It sounds like you have to stay pretty much stock, so I guess lightweight
wheels are out. Battery relocation, if allowed, would help too.

Maybe TonyC will chime in too, he's gotten pretty good at shaving weight and
making the most of what he already has.

-Dave
'02 FR RC R/T