Re: Dak stereo urgrade

From: Jon Slavic (jons@laserdrive.com)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 07:24:30 EDT

Curt,

    Your info on the JBL is a bit sketchy. Check out the JBL webpage and
look at the specs. The JBL amps are great and they are 1 ohm stable. But,
you don't get the doubling of power by going from 2 ohm to 1 ohm like you
would think. JBL's are power limited to prevent the power supply from
failing. You will be limited at 600W total for any load above 2 ohm. I've
got two JBL 1200.1's and didn't realize that until later.

Jon

<cwkitts@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Well, got tired of all the "mid bass" in the dak. So here is what i intend
> to do. Build a new box, for 2 audiobahn 8" subs. Partition the box so it
> ends up being 2 boxes. Run a jbl 600.1 amp to the subs, wired to 1 ohm.
That