Re: Bedliner "facts"

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 19:49:46 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Oh, and I also love the part where they say a spray-in's skid
> resistance can diminish as the liner wears and becomes smoother.
> They don't actually say anything about the plastic drop-in's
> skid resistance though. I wonder if that has anything to do with
> the fact that they DON'T HAVE ANY?!?? :-P

Mine sure didn't. The Line-X, OTOH, is like glue. I had a few boxes of
empty bottles & cans in the bed last week, you'd figure something that
light would move around jsut in normal driving. Didn't budge. And
several of us have seen The Adam Blaster's cinder block with flag demo :)

> Sorry about the ranting - sometimes I just get set off in the
> face of blatant stupidity. :-) I HAVE a plastic drop-in and
> will NEVER get another. (I wish I knew then what I know now about
> drop-ins...) I don't care what that site says, a plastic drop-in
> WILL wear your paint down to bare metal.

I said the same thing once I found out about spray-ins from the DML -
after buying the drop-in with the truck! Never pulled the drop-in out
of the '99 but I'm sure it was ugly in there.

> Ok, so who is responsible for this stupid load of crap? I am
> 99.999% sure it is Penda, makers of aftermarket truck accessories,
> including spray-in liners:
>
> A whois shows bedlinerfacts.com to be owned by a company named
> Pinnacle Communication Group. A web search shows them to be some
> sort of media contact for a few companies such as Dynomax, Monroe,
> ...and Penda. That's not real conclusive in itself, but now
> consider this interesting little press release put out by Pinnacle
> Communication Group on behalf of Penda regarding advances in
> drop-in bedliners:

> Although I didn't bother to research any further, if someone was to
> check out the plastic bedliner shown in the bed of that Chevy, I bet
> they would find its a Penda. (What a cooincidence!)

You did a lot better than I searching them out. I did manage to trace
the site to Pinnacle but that's as far as I got. I figured it was Chevy
or a drop-in maker behind it. Wonder who makes the drop-ins that you
can buy from Chevy - any bets on it being Penda?

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@yahoo.com -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------