peeling clear coat

From: Brian Fitchett (fitchett@chem.utah.edu)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 11:07:45 EDT

I have mentioned this before but I can reintroduce it.... I have a black 98
CC and the clear coat started to peel off the top of the cab just above the
3rd brake light, and new spots are starting to appear on the roof as well as
on the hood. Has anyone else had this problem? Gotten it resolved with
Dodge? I went to the dealer yesterday and he basically told me that I am
SOL since I am beyond the warranty period, however i do have the Chrysler
service contract up to 80,000 miles wich basically covers everything but
valve seats (or so the service manager told me) but it doesnt cover the
paint.

Brian

Black 98 CC V6