RE: dodge owns mitsubishi?

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 13:23:07 EDT

Well, no. The 2.5L four-cyl was a stroked version of the 2.2 which was a
Chrysler design. How do I know.... I owned an '84 Plymouth Turismo 2.2 and
a '86 Chrysler Laser XT turbo 2.2. Various family members owned Shadows,
Sundances, LeBarons, Fifth Avenues (turbo), and Omnis with either the 2.2 or
2.5 versions. I believe the first mitsu engined Daytonas, Shadows,
Dusters, etc. had the mitsu V6. Only the rebadged Diamond Star (mitsu)
cars (Ply Laser, Eagle Talon, etc) got the mitsu 4-cyls. At least up to the
mid-'90s. Damn it's hard to keep track of it all nowadays! :-)

RayB