punch-R/T in the snow

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 18:32:50 EDT

Punch-you asked about driving an R/T in the snow.
  I tried to drive my '99 R/T after I installed a set of all-season
235/70R15 Bridgestone tires on AR-767 wheels. It slid out the driveway
and then right back in with 1" of snow. It had a full tank of gas and
200# of sandbags in the back.
  I went a different route on my '01 R/T. I put 225/75r15 Bridgestone
Winter Dueler snow tires on stock 6" steel wheels, loaded the tank, and
put in the sandbags, and that thing would go through anything! I was
absolutely amazed at the traction that I got from those tires! I went
from being scared to go out in the snow, to extremely confident in 8"+
like we had in Maryland this year. My wife asked me if I wanted to take
her 4x4 out one time, and I told her I thought I'd do better in the R/T
cause her tires were worn a little.
  I absolutely swear by that Winter Dueler for winter traction. Oh, and
by the way, I sold tires for 13 years for Bridgestone/Firestone and I've
driven with lots of tires in the snow. These were the best on a truck
I've ever used.
Patrick
ps-since I sold the R/T, I've got the tires and wheels available if you
are interested