Re: dodge owns mitsubishi?

From: Tom Byrne (kerib@ptd.net)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 20:21:36 EDT

Similar rods and are even slanted. I have built many for racing. Chrysler
even nicknamed them the Slant 4 early on. They were originally built at the
Trenton engine plant using much of the same tooling as the Slant 6. I have
much literature on the engine. Look at a 2.2 rod and a rod from another
"foreign" 4 cylinder. The 2.2 rod is much beefier. The 2.2 is also heavier.
I have raced 2.2's with no oil pressure (pump failed road racing) and even
drove 5 miles in 90 degree weather with no water and that engine is still in
my Charger without a rebuild and pulled 120hp at the wheels on the dyno
through twin 5220 carbs a cam out of a n/a Shelby to meet SCCA rules.