Re: Where is everyone staying for carlisle?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 00:23:04 EDT

"greg conner" <dodgeboy93@hotmail.com> wrote:

: I'm gonna be staying at the rodeway inn in dilsburg the same as the last few
: years. This is gonna be my first year with the dak though. Last year I was
: in the middle of a motor swap/ engine compartment detailing, and the couple
: years before that i just didnt bring it. I'm sure jon will post the hotel
: contact info

   Yep, for what its' worth, the "official DML hotel" is the
Roadway Inn in Dillsburg, PA. Its about a 10 minute drive from
the fairgrounds (its located to the south). You can reserve
a room or get the phone number at www.choicehotels.com. The
contact info is probably also on the DML Events section of the
home page (www.dakota-truck.net)

  As far as the low attendance goes - yeah I've noticed that
myself. :-) Its been very good some years and dismal for
others... You've probably seen a black Gen2 club cab with the
ram-air hood, that's me and a red Gen2 4x4 with a chrome light
bar, that's Jim Knox, and a purple Gen3, which is Chris Saltzman's
"barney truck". I think those are about the only Daks
that have been there, consistently over the past few years.

  I think a lot of the Daks are more or less "local", so those
folks just go home at night, and others stay at other hotels
for whatever reason. (No more rooms available, other club
affiliations, etc.) The Rodeway Inn is vey nice - clean,
out of the way, with a great restauraunt next door, but it
does seem to have gotten a bit pricey lately.

   Maybe for next year I will look into joining up with the MML
for the hotel - they usually reserve a block of rooms (at a
different hotel). From what I have heard, its not as nice as
"ours", but its cheaper, and one nice thing is that they do
a "security patrol" where they have a couple of people out
wandering through the parking lot making sure the MML vehicles
are safe. (Naturally, if we joined up with them, it would
be nice if some DMLers volunteered for security duty too.)

Anyway - that's something to think about for next year. For
this year anyway, the official DML hotel is still the Rodeway
Inn in Dillsburg, PA. I've got my room reserved, and I am
pretty sure Jim Knox does as well, and of course Greg, so
that's 3 Daks so far. I'm not 100% sure what I will be
driving yet - lately, I have been thinking of bringing the
convertible.

  Speaking of Carlisle - if you are planning to attend and
will be registering your club affiliation as "Dakota Mailing
List", please let me know so I can get an idea of wether we
will be able to get the free tent or not. (Note that you
must register as "Dakota Mailing List", not "DML".) If
you have any questions about this, or anything else Carlisle
related, please feel free to drop me an e-mail or post a
message to the list.

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'