Re: lincoln ls v8?

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 05:11:56 EDT

I hate to say it, but i've been scoping out the ford 4.6 motots (gathering
intel on my enemies). Pretty much your dealing with the same engine just
different heads, cam, and intake manifold configurations.

First thing I would do is check the boneyards for stock mustang throttle
bodies and intake manifolds. I believe the stock mustang TB is 70mm. If
youre that sucessfull, you will probably have no problem finding the intake
manifold and heads. I would stick them on and see what that gets you. You
may have to upgrade the injectors to compensate for the added air comming
in.

The thing you need to remember is the the stock mustang versions only put
out 235hp. Youre going to need to do alot to get to 300hp. Then if you
ever get the urge to beat a mustang, you may need more to compensate for the
heavier vehicle weight.

Gary Hedlin
President
Hedlin Web Designs