Re: RE: Engine Temperature

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 15:34:05 EDT

<SNIP>The electric fan thermostat is fixed to come on at 185 but actually
comes on
at 177. It's not adjustable. Should I exchange it for one that turns on
when
it's supposed to? Or is it not that important. The fan will run a lot
longer than it needs to because it will never reach it's 170 degree cut off
temp.
The other option is a 200 on/185 off switch which will cycle the fan off and

on giving it more life.
James

I used the Hayden 3647 T-stat control $39.99 at Pep-boys. Its working great
with my Viper fan. This control is adjustable from 90 to 210 degs.

Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+
http://www.mallettservices.com/y2kota.html
http://www.dakota-truck.net/profiles/dakota/QwkvWz@DAJFf6/profile.htm