Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: Superchips Dyno Results

From: Bob Mankin (bob@coralfarms.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 13:36:56 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "scsilverdak" <scsilverdak@hotmail.com>
To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 9:27 AM
Subject: DML: Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: Superchips Dyno Results

> my current tuning issue will be cured with the APEXi Super AFC-2 in a
couple
> of
> weeks.
>
> Thanks for the Info Bob!!
>
> I think that clarified things.
>
> Ron-

Ron, the Apexi deal is a band-aid. That comment will put some panties in a
bunch, but it's the reality. It might help your problem, but it won't cure
it and there are better options out there, IMO.

Since you have a later model truck, how about some dyno reports from the
initial install, then a followup in a few weeks. No one has yet documented
the long term of one of these MAP tweaking boxes and on your '01 I would
expect some degradation of the results over time.

Here's a link I encourage folks to read which explains better than I can. In
particular read the middle section where it talks about piggy back devices.
There are also comments about rising rate regulators which are worth a read:

http://www.zdyne.com/forcedfactory.html

Bob