Re: Hinged soft tonneau recommendations?

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 04:52:54 EDT

Hey, Mr. DAKeater MudPit!

<snip> Just fishing to see if I can get some recommendations for a tonneau
 cover for my '90 Dak. I would like a soft tonneau cover, and I'm
 looking for the type that hinge at the front so the whole tonneau can
 be lifted (usually they have a couple of gas shocks to help lift it
  and hold it open). However, I also want to be able to detach the
 tonneau at any point. (i.e. if I wanted to un-do the front right
  corner to carry something tall there without removing the entire tonneau,
 I could do that.) I would prefer one which uses something other than
 snaps to attach to the frame. (I had a tonneau like that once, the snaps
 are a bear to attach, and they rust. A no-drill install would be nice,
 but not absolutely necessary. Since it is going on a convertible, it
 should sit as flush as possible, especially at the front of the bed (i.e.
 not a huge arc on the bows) That's not asking too much, is it? <snip>

Have you tried Sportmaster? About $160 (I think) at Just for Trucks in Round
Lake, NY...
Andy's been there...sounds like the one you're talking about...Had one for 2
years on my little
Ferd Ranger (GHAK!) had no probs with it. I could take the whole thing -
frame & everything - off by myself...
Later, Dood...

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY