Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: Superchips Dyno Results

From: scsilverdak (scsilverdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 06:34:49 EDT

For the way I use the Dak, I'm looking for a low cost solution to the
problem.

I just hit the track once in a while for fun and Dyno it twice a year, I'm
just trying to see how much power I can safely get
out of it and see how quick it'll go for a timeslip.

I have no intention of bracket racing it on a regular basis........just
having fun!!

I thought about buying a replacement PCM and sending it out to be reflashed
at either B&G in Mich, or down to Florida to Marty at KRC Perf.

But this route will cost more than $600.00 on either option.........

Then the thread on the APEXi got started so I started a little research on
my own, talked to a couple guy's that are already using the little box and
they seem to think it's a good product.

So I think I'm gonna try it here very soon
and see how well it works for my 3.9.

Yes, I'll definitely dyno it and strip test it as well just to see the
before and after effects............I'll send you a copy of my last dyno
runs off-list , this will give a good indication of where I stand now.

I went and track tested last night with a 50hp DRY shot it went 15.452@91.29

Got a faint but definitely audible hint of popping at the topend again last
night on this pass.........not sure if the octane level
was high enough or if it was burning up all the fuel and running lean.

I use 94 octane Sunoco pump gas and no octane booster...........someone
suggested a gallon or 2 of race fuel be added , but I decided to decline on
that
as it already had exceeded my expectations for the night.

Ron-
Muscletrucks.net