stock auto trans w/ heavily modded motor

From: Brian Tong (thedude807@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 12:12:01 EDT

So i'm starting to get bored with the stock 5.2L. I knew this would happen.
  This is my 3rd 318 automatic Chrysler product ('72 Duster was the first,
followed by two Dakotas). I'v never had much luck with these auto tranny's
though. I'm ultimately going to put the R/T cam, Single plane mainifold,
headers, PCM and eventually supercharge the thing.

Every time I'v put a little power in front of one of these trannies (904,
46RH, and now my '99, I don't know the number on it yet) The start acting
REALLY funny, shifting wierd, slipping, etc. I'v gotten a little older
since my first and don't have to drive at WOT all day, but I do like to lay
into it from time to time. What are you high HP guys doing to keep these
things alive? I'm running a 4x4 and DO offroad it quite often, too.

thanks in advance

Brian
'99 CC 4x4 5.2L