Re: Re: Pulling codes on an 02 , 5.9

From: Kevin Sellstrom (ksellstr@softcom.net)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 13:39:22 EDT

At 07:55 AM 5/30/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>It works on my '02 5.9 R/T, so I'm assuming it should work on his '02. Does
>he get any kind of message when he does it?

OK, I'm told that from '97 on they require a scanner. I tried it on my '99
Dak, and mom's '99 Durango and got absolutely nothing with the old on/off 3
times or 5 times method. No messages in the odometer, no flashing "engine"
light, NOTHING Holding in the ODO button while turning on the key only
sends the instrument group through a test sequence before returning to
normal operation.

What am I missing???

Kevin

> > On my 97 Dak I can pull my codes using the on/off method 3 times, but a
> > friend has a 2002 Dak Quad cab
> > 5.9 auto, and this method does not work. For this year and model is there
> > some other way of pulling codes through the odometer, such as maybe more
> > than 3 times or ?
> >
> > Thanks for any advice
> > Jay

Kevin Sellstrom, W6KTB E-Mail:ksellstr@softcom.net
             ***Wilton, California***

'99 Dodge Dakota CC, 4x4, 5.2,
'69 Dodge D200, 4x2, 318,

Also: '83 Volvo 244Ti, '85 Volvo 244, '68 Volvo 122S, '98 Specialized
Rockhopper A1FS