Re: Oil change problem

From: Tubamirbls@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 15:34:29 EDT

Hi Ray
     I've not had that problem. You didn't state what engine you have but
maybe Chrysler uses the same oil fill cap on all engines---I don't know. Mine
is black plastic with yellow writing. It's not holding the engine together by
any means so it never need be more than gentle hand grip tight. Good size
tool retailers sell a variety of widely adjustable grip tools to get something
like these caps off. I'm thinking of a plastic handle model with a heavy rubber
strap that's fully adjustable to fit diameters from maybe 1.5" to 6 or 8".
They're not expensive and maybe that would give you the leverage you need to
break this loose.
     If all attempts to break it loose fail, it is plastic and can be busted
open but always with the danger of getting shards of broken plastic into the
rocker arm cavity

Paul Sahlin