Oil change problem

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 13:44:55 EDT

OK DML, talk to me. I had to change my oil last week and I could'nt get the
fill cap off. For the last few oil changes, the cap had been getting hard
to turn, to the point of needing to get pliers on it. This time, the
plastic POS wouldn't budge, just ratcheted like it was being tightened.
Since I had already drained the oil, I had to get the new oil in somehow. I
elected to remove the vent hose and rubber seal from the top of the drivers
side valve cover, about 6 inches aft of the oil fill cap. Mistake made. The
dang thing didn't want to go back in. I finally ended up grinding off part
of the lip to make flat spots to get it on. Even then I needed to use a
screw driver to get the seal back under the lip on the valve cover. My
question is this: anybody else:

A) have this problem

B) know if I can remove the vent hose and plug for the valve cover and just
install a breather cap, and

C) How do I got the #$#&^%$@ oil cap off so I don't have to go thru this
next oil change!!

TIA,