Re: Trading for a 2003 Ram 5.7 hemi maybe

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 09:07:01 EDT

GO WITH THE 20'S!!! They look way better than the 17's. I would opt for
the manual trans though...but that's just me and the bad luck with the auto
trans in my V6 talking. I went from a manual to an auto and have regretted
it every day. Definately get the 3.92sg rear end. I also have to add that
I think the Ram is a mighty good looking truck, even if it is to high off
the ground. Good luck in whatever choice you make. Oh, post pics.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Jim Miller WB5OXQ"" <wb5oxq@grandecom.net> wrote in message news:00a801c32976$e863a4f0$9c0c9b18@homebrzelqshma... > > I am about to decide not to wait for the srt-10 after reading remarks about > further delays in availability, limited availibility and perhapps a very > high price. I have enjoyed my 99 R/T and while it has only 54k miles on it > and some of the extended warranty left and is in nearly immacualte condition > I may trade for a Ram if you guys will forgive me for doing so. I have > determined that the swb reg cab ram is only about 400 pounds heavier than my > R/T and with the 5.7 hemi will have 100 more horses before aftermarket > goodies can improve that. I wonder how much more power a few mods can turn > up. I know that a blower would turn it into a fierce tire melter. Also I > would really rather not have to shift gears myself. If I buy one it will be > a Laramie with all the goodies that I can get. I will insist on the 3.92 > anti spin diff also. Any thoughts from the group? 17 or 20 inch wheels? > Jim in Waco >